Monday, March 2, 2009

Paella

I don't know what I was thinking when Georgia and I were looking for a place for dinner Sunday evening. There is a small Spanish restaurant connected to our hotel, and we were tired and couldn't find a Japanese restaurant close by that had pictures to help us order. So I thought paella would be “safe.” Certainly the pictures on the menu led us to believe this. But I don't recall ever hearing the words paella and “cheesy goodness” together, but that was about what was set in front of us. Rice, small frightening bits of chicken and cheese, which I believe was actually a cheese sauce. As in white sauce with flour. The migraine followed as night follows day. I'm to the point now where I will happily eat plain rice and fruit for the rest of the trip if I can avoid getting sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment